Benoni High School Class of 2018 matrics Shereen Francis (left), Kalisha Anammalay and Zahra Jhetam were recently invited to both the Ekurhuleni Academic Excellence Awards on January 24 and the Ekurhuleni North District Awards on February 7 where each of the learners received awards for academic excellence. Photo supplied.
Ekurhuleni Academic Excellence Awards:
• Shereen Francis received awards for the Best-Performing Learner in accounting and was placed sixth in the overall top 15 learners.
• Zahra Jhetam was placed fourth in the overall top 15 learners.
• Kalisha Anammalay was named the Best-Performing Learner in mathematics in Ekurhuleni and was placed fifth in the top 15.
Ekurhuleni North District Awards:
• Shereen Francis received the Best Learner in accounting award and was placed fourth among the top 10 learners in the district.
• Zahra Jhetam received the Best Learner award in English home language, geography, life sciences and was placed second in the top 10 learners.
• Kalisha Anammalay received the Best Learner in mathematics (100 per cent) and physical sciences (100 per cent) and was placed third in the top 10.
• Anammalay was also invited to the Gauteng provincial awards on January 4 where she received the Best Learner award in the mathematics category for the 2018 NSC examinations.
Follow us on these platforms:
Like our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter.
For news straight to your phone invite us:WhatsApp: 079 431 1217Instagram: benonicitytimes.co.za
For more #hyperlocal news at your fingertips, visit Boksburg Advertiser, Springs Advertiser, Brakpan Herald, African Reporter and Kathorus Mail.