Court dismisses Omotoso’s indictment appealCourt dismisses Omotoso’s indictment appeal

Please log in or register to like posts.
Nuus

The High Court in Port Elizabeth has postponed until October 7 the case of Pastor Timothy Omotoso and his two co-accused and for the defence counsel to petition the Supreme Court of Appeal (SCA).

Judge Irma Schoeman dismissed his application for leave to appeal her decision that the authorisation certificate was valid and that the charges remained centralised and should not be heard in this jurisdiction.

Judge Irma Schoeman moves onto the authorisation certificate by NDDP and the indictment. “The criminal proceedings commenced when the indictment was served prior to the previous trial. There is no need to serve an indictment if a trial has started de-novo.” #Sabcnews pic.twitter.com/NoDhFF1nwm

— Jayed-Leigh Paulse (@JayedLeigh) August 14, 2019

Schoeman says there are no reasonable prospects that the SCA would come to a different decision.

She reiterated that the accused previously did not object to the jurisdiction and that there was no need to provide a new authorisation certificate when the court case re-started.

The post Court dismisses Omotoso’s indictment appeal appeared first on SABC News – Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa’s news leader..

The High Court in Port Elizabeth has postponed until October 7 the case of Pastor Timothy Omotoso and his two co-accused and for the defence counsel to petition the Supreme Court of Appeal (SCA).

Judge Irma Schoeman dismissed his application for leave to appeal her decision that the authorisation certificate was valid and that the charges remained centralised and should not be heard in this jurisdiction.

Judge Irma Schoeman moves onto the authorisation certificate by NDDP and the indictment. “The criminal proceedings commenced when the indictment was served prior to the previous trial. There is no need to serve an indictment if a trial has started de-novo.” #Sabcnews pic.twitter.com/NoDhFF1nwm

— Jayed-Leigh Paulse (@JayedLeigh) August 14, 2019

Schoeman says there are no reasonable prospects that the SCA would come to a different decision.

She reiterated that the accused previously did not object to the jurisdiction and that there was no need to provide a new authorisation certificate when the court case re-started.

The post Court dismisses Omotoso’s indictment appeal appeared first on SABC News – Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa’s news leader..

Reactions

0
0
0
0
0
0
Already reacted for this post.

Reactions

Nobody liked ?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.