• A Cinderella couple woke up on July 3 to find that thieves had forced their way into their home, on Killian Avenue, and stolen valuables worth thousands of rand. The items stolen by the thugs, who gained entry through one of the windows, include a laptop, a wallet containing money, as well as jewellery and a personal computer.
• In Parkrand, a woman told the police that on July 4 a gang of heavily armed robbers stormed her home and robbed the family of valuable goods and a Mercedes- Benz.
According to the police report, the woman was waiting for her daughter in the kitchen as they were about to exit the house. The thugs emerged and ran into the house before the victim could shut and lock the door. The men ransacked the house, loaded their loot into the family’s car and fled the scene.
• A Boksburg South resident woke up on July 3 to find that thieves had entered her home on Stockenstroom Road and stolen a TV set, a sound system and other valuables. None of the items are insured.
• In Libradene, thugs forced their way into a house in Henderson Avenue and stole a TV set and hard drive while the complainant was asleep in the same building on July 6. They gained entry through one of the doors.
• Robbers shot and injured a security guard at a business in Kingfisher Avenue, Sunward Park, on July 7. The owner of the business told the police that the criminals stole tools from the storeroom before fleeing the scene. The stolen goods are insured.
• In the Boksburg CBD, a gang of about six men robbed Malik supermarket on July 7. The owner of the supermarket, which is located on the corner of Commissioner and Joubert streets, told the police that the robbers arrived at the business and threatened him with a firearm before stealing stock worth about R20 000 and R3 000 in cash.
• Police are investigating the murder of a man identified as Goboza Mashiamahle, whose body was found lying on the ground in Jerusalem informal settlement on July 7.
For more #hyperlocal news at your fingertips, visit Benoni City Times, Springs Advertiser, Brakpan Herald, African Reporter and Kathorus Mail