Gunman opens fire at New Brighton home, kills two

Please log in or register to like posts.
News
Gunman opens fire at New Brighton home, kills two

Update
Port Elizabeth

By Afikile Lugunya – Feb 1, 2019Police in New Brighton, Port Elizabeth, are investigating cases of murder and attempted murder after a lone gunman opened fire on three people at a New Brighton home, killing two and injuring the third on Friday afternoon.According to police spokesperson, Captain Andre Beetge, the trio were busy in a garage at a house in Msimka Street, New Brighton.”An unknown male arrived on foot and opened fire on them.”The first victim, Themba Makalima, 25 years old, passed away on the scene,” he said.”The two other victims were rushed to Dora Nginza Hospital, where the second victim, Sabelo Ngquphe, 30 years old, passed away at hospital from this wounds.”Wounded man received treatmentCapt Beetge said that the third victim, a 38 year old male, was wounded in his leg and received medical treatment.He added that the survivor’s name is witheld for security reasons.”The motive for the attack is unknown at this stage,” Capt Beetge said.”Possible linking to the previous murders earlier this week has not been ruled out and police are investigating in all possible directions.”Any person with information that could assist police with this investigation can contact Lt Col Wille Mayi at 082 697 5914.”Follow more RNEWS articles, subscribe to our YouTube channel and for breaking news LIKE us on Facebook. For news on the Western Cape click here.

Reactions

Nobody liked ?

Comments are closed.