MAN BUST WITH BATCHELOR’S PHONE RELEASED

Please log in or register to like posts.
Nuus
MAN BUST WITH BATCHELOR’S PHONE RELEASED

The Johannesburg private investigator and debt collector who was bust with  Marc Batchelor’s cellphone has been released.SowetanLive reported that the man did not appear in court as expected for a charge defeating the ends of justice.Provincial cop spokesman Colonel Lungelo Dlamini told the paper, “The suspect took the victim’s cellphone from his car. Information was found to have been deleted from the cellphone.He added that said because the matter was not put on the court roll, the suspect had been released. “This does not stop our investigations. They are continuing,” he said.National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) spokeswoman Phindi Mjonondwane told SowetanLIVE that the matter was not put on the court roll “because further investigation still needs to be done by police”.News24 reported that police investigators established that Batchelor’s phone was missing after he was shot dead outside his home in Olivedale on Monday last week. The police later took the investigator into custody and questioned him over the weekend.It’s understood he was involved in debt collecting and business projects with Batchelor. It’s also believed another person may have been involved in the wiping of the contacts and messages from the phone.The motive for the shooting remains unclear. The Sunday Times reported that the killing may be related to a drug deal involving a ton of cocaine.

Share this page to Telegram

Reactions

0
0
0
0
0
0
Already reacted for this post.

Reactions

Nobody liked ?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.