Emergency personnel at the scene.
A man sustained 100 percent burns to his entire body after coming into contact with an electrical transformer, on Armstrong Avenue in La Lucia, on Thursday afternoon.
ALSO READ: Verulam girl (6) survives electrocution at informal settlement
Netcare 911 responded to the scene at about 12:50pm and receiving reports of an electrocution.
The patient was treated at the scene for critical injuries by a Netcare 911 emergency care practitioner and Crisis Medical.
ALSO READ: Man fatally electrocuted while urinating in Tongaat
After being stabilised, the man was transported by ambulance to hospital for further treatment.
Authorities cordoned off the area for investigations to take place.
Visit our sister sites for more news in the respective areas:
Rising Sun Chatsworth
Rising Sun Overport