* #MiguelLouw: Post mortem and DNA tests to be conducted on body found in Phoenix*
NEWS / 4 SEPTEMBER 2018, 11:30AM / ZAINUL DAWOOD
Durban – Police said a post mortem will be conducted on the body of a young boy found in a shallow grave by police in Phoenix on Monday afternoon only on Wednesday.
Police spokesperson, Colonel Thembeka Mbele said DNA tests will also be used to identify the body.
There is strong speculation that the body discovered on Monday is that of the missing schoolboy, Miguel Louw who was last seen seven weeks ago.
It comes as Mxolisi Kaunda, the KwaZulu-Natal MEC for Transport, Community Safety and Liaison called for calm in the community of Phoenix following the discovery of the decomposed body.
The Sydenham boy was last seen leaving a local KFC outlet and boarding a mini-bus taxi, with a man known to him, Mohammed Ebrahim in July.
Ebrahim was arrested by police and is in the awaiting trial section of Westville Correctional Services. He was granted bail in the Durban Magistrates Court, last week, but has not paid it.
On Monday, police found a decomposed body in thick bushes in Longbury Drive, Phoenix. Colonel Thembeka Mbele, a KwaZulu-Natal police spokesperson, said the body must still be identified by the Louw family.
Kaunda has urged members of the community to remain calm and give police space to do their work instead of taking the law into their own hands.
“We fully understand the pain this incident has caused to the family and members of the community. As the provincial government, we would like to express our deepest condolences to the family of the deceased during this difficult time,” said Kaunda.
He said that government has declared zero tolerance on violence against women and children and that he has full confidence in the police that they will be able to solve this case.
MEC for Safety in KZN has urged the public to remain calm and give police space to do their work instead of taking the law into their own hands