NEWSFLASH: 14 north pre-schoolers hospitalised as gas cylinder explodes | Rekord North

Please log in or register to like posts.
Nuus
NEWSFLASH: 14 north pre-schoolers hospitalised as gas cylinder explodes | Rekord North

Update
Phoenix Durban

Local ward councillor Phumzile Hlatshwayo and Nandi Mayathula Khoza. Photo: Ditiro Masuku

A north crèche allegedly operating illegally has been shutdown by the Gauteng social development department.
The facility was closed down on Tuesday after 14 learners and two staffers were hospitalised for burns suffered when a gas cylinder exploded at the crèche on Monday.
At the scene, Rekord was told that a staffer had put on a gas stove to heat up water when the cylinder exploded.
“It’s not a proper crèche whatsoever,” MEC Nandi Mayathula-Khoza said.
“It can no longer continue to operate as a crèche. All 14 children are in hospital,” Mayathula-Khoza said.
ALSO READ: INFOGRAPHIC: Safety tips to avert gas explosions
“It shouldn’t have operated,” she said.
Mayathula-Khoza said that parents should enrol their children at registered crèches.
“A registered crèche will have certification on the wall,” she said.
LISTEN:

Do you have more information about the story? Please send us an email to [email protected] or phone us on 083 625 4114.
For free breaking and community news, visit Rekord’s websites:
Rekord East
Rekord North
Rekord Centurion
Rekord Moot
For more news and interesting articles, like Rekord on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or Instagram

 
AUTHOR
Keitumetse Maako, Molekeng Makgale and Ditiro Masuku

Share this page to Telegram

Reactions

0
0
0
0
0
0
Already reacted for this post.

Reactions

Nobody liked ?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.