Traumatic snake call this afternoon. Just now I received a call from one of my old school friends mother that there was a cobra in their house. I took 5mins to respond to the call and snap a few pics before I captured the snake as he was hooding up nicely. However there were 2 Jack Russell dogs and just as I was on my way out the dog started stumbling around. We phoned the medics and vets to get antivenom ASAP, jumped into the car and raced through to Glencairn vet where I was performing CPR on the dog but unfortunately the amount of venom that was injected was vast and the symptoms were too severe. The dog passed away within 15min after the bite. Cape cobra venom is definitely not to be underestimated.
Already reacted for this post.