Suspects in Soweto foreign-shops looting out on bailSuspects in Soweto foreign-shops looting out on bail

Please log in or register to like posts.
Nuus

The seven suspects alleged to be involved in the looting of foreign-owned shops in Soweto have been granted bail of R1 000 each. The six men and one woman were charged with public violence after last week Wednesday’ s looting.

The accused will return to the Protea Magistrate Court on the 26th of August.

The seven accused pleaded not guilty claiming they had no part in the actions that took place on the 14th August. Two told the court they were travelling in a taxi at the time of the incidents, while another pair claimed they were in their homes.

The remaining three were, however, caught in the shops.

Furthering their argument for bail, the group also told the court that they were not found in possession of any of the looted goods.

The state didn’t oppose bail, because the other two accused linked to the case have already been released on bail.

At least 18 people were arrested last week for the violence.

The post Suspects in Soweto foreign-shops looting out on bail appeared first on SABC News – Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa’s news leader..

The seven suspects alleged to be involved in the looting of foreign-owned shops in Soweto have been granted bail of R1 000 each. The six men and one woman were charged with public violence after last week Wednesday’ s looting.

The accused will return to the Protea Magistrate Court on the 26th of August.

The seven accused pleaded not guilty claiming they had no part in the actions that took place on the 14th August. Two told the court they were travelling in a taxi at the time of the incidents, while another pair claimed they were in their homes.

The remaining three were, however, caught in the shops.

Furthering their argument for bail, the group also told the court that they were not found in possession of any of the looted goods.

The state didn’t oppose bail, because the other two accused linked to the case have already been released on bail.

At least 18 people were arrested last week for the violence.

The post Suspects in Soweto foreign-shops looting out on bail appeared first on SABC News – Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa’s news leader..

Reactions

0
0
0
0
0
0
Already reacted for this post.

Reactions

Nobody liked ?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.