Sibusiso Khwinana. Photo: Twitter
The Swahili-speaking man accused of killing lead Matwetwe movie actor Sibusiso Khwinana is expected in the Pretoria magistrate’s court on Friday.
He faces charges of murder, robbery with aggravating circumstances and contravention of the immigrants act.
During his previous court appearance national prosecuting authority spokesperson Phindi Louw applied for the media to be prohibited from publishing his image and name.
Louw said the state submitted the application because an identity parade was still to be conducted.
ALSO READ: UPDATE: Matwetwe lead actor ‘killer’ case postponed
Khwinana was stabbed to death in a scuffle after he was robbed of his phone at the beginning of March.
It was understood the 25-year-old actor and his friend were accosted by a trio of men shortly after they exited the Sterland mall where the movie was being screened.
News of the 35-year-old man’s arrest was made public by police minister Bheki Cele during the actor’s funeral service in Soshanguve.
In the days leading to Khwinana’s funeral, Gauteng premier David Makhura told his family and the media that the three men believed to have been involved in the gruesome crime had been identified.
ALSO READ: UPDATE: Hunt still on for other Matwetwe actor’s killers
Do you have more information about the story? Please send us an email to [email protected] or phone us on 083 625 4114.
For free breaking and community news, visit Rekord’s websites:
For more news and interesting articles, like Rekord on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or Instagram