Phoenix man critical following house fire | Phoenix Sun

Please log in or register to like posts.
Nuus
Phoenix man critical following house fire | Phoenix Sun

Update
Phoenix Durban

An elderly Phoenix man, well-known in the community as ‘Uncle K’, reportedly suffered severe burns to his body during a fire at his Tollbury Place home in Eastbury, Phoenix, on Wednesday morning.
One of the neighbours explained that he had just disembarked a taxi on the Phoenix Highway when he saw smoke emanating from the elderly man’s bedroom window.

“By the time I got outside Uncle K’s house, some of our neighbours had already connected their hosepipes to their taps, while we waited for emergency services to arrive. I also joined in and connected my hosepipe to my tap in an attempt to extinguish the fire. After a short while that is when emergency services arrived and took over,” the neighbour stated.
Speaking to the Phoenix Sun, Gareth Naidoo of KZN VIP, further brought to light that the man’s neighbours attempted to douse the flames while they waited for emergency services to arrive.
“We can not confirm at this stage what the cause of the fire was but an elderly wheelchair-bound man was severely burnt. The man also suffered extensive inhalation of the smoke. He was stabalised at the scene before being transported to Mahatma Gandhi Hospital,” Naidoo added.

Share this page to Telegram

Reactions

0
0
0
0
0
0
Already reacted for this post.

Reactions

Nobody liked ?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.